What I'm Reading

I have always loved reading.  The way that you can be transported to another place and time through words.  My mom used to take my sisters and I to the public library when we were little and I loved devouring the stack I brought home. My favorite genre is Historical Fiction, although I do love a good memoir!  Here's what I'm reading this month as I have a work trip to Tennessee that will have a good amount of downtime and a vacation to Paris where I'll need some good plane reads.


My current read: The Passenger by Lisa Lutz

A story about a woman running from her past while living through other identities.  I'm about half way through and I'm hooked! 
Murder, deception, road maps, and secrets. A bit of a psychological thriller because its kept me guessing what will happen next every turn of the page!






What I just finished: The Immortalists by Chloe Benjamin

Four Manhattan children find out there death day as predicted to them by an old woman.  We then see how they live their lives based on this knowledge. A beautiful family saga that made me reflect on my own family and siblings and the impact of our decisions. 






Next up on my list... 
A Sally Field memoir due out this month, an Australian based thriller, and a futuristic science fiction that Obama called one of his favorite reads!

What are you reading? Leave your recommendations in the comments below!

-Taylor




Comments

Popular Posts