#FASHUN

New York Fashion Week is underway and I think my favorite looks have been from designer Brandon Maxwell. The Marfa, Texas themed show was stunning with a pink carpet and Texas details! And did you see Lily Aldridge walk in the show at five months pregnant, YASS KWEEN.

And Claudia Li cast all Asian models for her Spring 2019 collection. The New Zealand native hopes to break the Western views of Asian stereotypes. In the article by Julie Tong she says, "I had maybe three Asian girls in my high school and so people always thought, you know, you’re good at math, you’re good at science, you’re smart, you don’t go out at night. Well, guess what, I drove without a license…I played field hockey…I sang in a metal band.” A historic step in diversity at Li's first runway show.


Street Style is my favorite to see during fashion weeks! Here is some of Phil Oh's pictures plus some of my favorite insta's below.






photo 1 by Monica Feudi from here
photo 2 via Getty Images
@alyssainthecity
@daisychaussee
@tezzamb

Comments

Popular Posts