That first time to Paris




Have you been to Paris?

Now I can say I have! I spent a wonderful week in Paris with my mom and two sisters. We had all sorts of weather from freezing but sunny, pouring rain but warm, brisk fall days, and blazing hot. We explored, took some tours, shopped, and ate and frank our way through Paris.


A friend recommended Fat Tire Tours and we used them for Sainte Chapelle and Notre Dame, the Lourve, and a bike tour at Versailles. Fashion Week and the Ryder Cup were happening in Paris which made for fun people watching and a great crowd everywhere we went.


We used OneFineStay after my Airbnb cancelled on me in the spring and stayed in the 16th Arrondissement which had everything we needed and was right next to a metro stop. I actually had a situation where our first OFS place had bedbugs and they were able to find us a new place only two days before arriving. I think everything happens for a reason because we loved the location! I downloaded the RATP app and was able to guide us around quite well.

A highlight of the trip was attending the Paris Saint-Germain Futbol game. I bought tickets about a month before because it was almost sold out and we had so much fun cheering like locals.  The PSG fans are so fun and the ends of the stands jump, chant, and sing the entire game.


Our feet are still sore from the many miles walked each day, but I am so happy to have seen as much as I did. We covered so much ground I now feel like I need a vacation from my vacation.


Now to save my money and plan the next trip! I'm thinking somewhere I can put my three years in school of Spanish to good use?

-Taylor

Comments

Popular Posts